Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

DONATIONS TO HELP COVER SERVER COSTS: Every little bit helps!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/81mjCq47Ho

TeamSpeak 3 & Arma III Servers
nqdytactical.myddns.rocks

collapse

* Current Time for NQDY

GAME TIMES:

[Vanilla] Fridays: 5PM PST
[Modded] Saturdays: 5PM PST

* [ NQDY ] Tactical Unit - S

* NQDY - Vanilla

* NQDY - Primary

Author Topic: Urban Ops  (Read 4283 times)

Offline Blackhawk6

Urban Ops
« on: Jul 29, 2014, 06:35 PM »
Hey everyone.

Just had an idea for a co-op mission but definitely do not have the skills in Editor to get it to function what-so-ever. How about an Urban Style, door kicking, small team operation with the objective being, say, hostage rescue, compound clearance, or HVT elimination? Only ideas. Just thought it would bring a little more speed to the flow of the mission. Not that I don't love the longer missions, but sometimes a quick, high intensity mission is just what some of us need/want!

If anyone is interested in helping bring the idea to life, or want to contribute a unique aspect to the mission, please reply! Or if you want to say it is a stupid idea please do as well! haha

Hooah!

Blackhawk6 out.
13A - King of Battle

Offline PapaReap

• Global Administrator
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Urban Ops
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2014, 08:00 PM »
This sounds very doable, Dtrax and I like CQB room clearing missions.

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2014, 08:16 PM »
Yeh Im all for it as well.
A few of us have had this conversation before about a fast small teams tactical mission.

Maybe a insert via hummingbirds? roof top insert even?? have another team in hum V's come in as a ground force for parameter security?
I also don't have any editing knowledge to get this done....but I think I know a few guys around here that can work some magic to make this happen. ;) haha

Ghost

Offline Duke

• Admin Staff
« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2014, 02:11 AM »
I was going to do a mission kind of like this or close ish to what Ghostfire said. I was going to base it on an actual real life OP from Iraq, which was a joint ops with 1st SFOD (Delta force) and the SAS  to rescue two CIA operatives. They were held up in a large compound in a large town. Delta team created a diversion and attacked the insurgents/compound/provided cover and the SAS from a heli fast roped onto the roof of a building and located the hostages. Then Delta team "forced" there way in with a vehicle and the hostages/sas got in the vehicle and got the hell out. It was a success btw  ;D  Anyhow you get the idea 

Happy to contribute in someway or you can just take this idea, IF you want.
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2014, 02:18 AM by Duke »
"Never give in–never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to your own convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” Winston Churchill

Offline Ten Ox

• Noobs of the world unite!
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2014, 03:06 AM »
I am no designer, but would really like to see a mission where CQB plays a major role. Dont remember playing one yet. Different challange and requires a lot more team coordination not only by leaders but also between the "common" soldiers.

And no need to carry all those AT missiles....

Ox
Noobs of the world unite!

Offline Watchmen

• STEAM Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2014, 05:00 AM »
You'll be glad to know i'm already working a mission like this :) If anyone remembers rainbow six vegas or the rainbow six series, this mission im making is based off that, lots of indoor SWAT team action. It is a heavily cqb focused mission for 5(or so) players at night, stealthy for the first part(because of hostages) but turns into a loud open firefight.

The objectives are; defuse bomb in the basement of the hotel, rescue the hostages in the hotel with breach and clear tactics before they die like in R6, clearing the compound and the end is a boat chase to kill the terrorist leader as he tries to escape. Choosing the location was a pain in the ass but i had to settle for the ghost hotel in Altis.

Tripwire traps, lighting, moving patrols, police Ai units, different endings and pre-determined loadouts will be present in this mission. Choosing the weapons was a tricky part, because of the new bootcamp update that makes everybody so overly encumbered i had to choose a light weapon that fits the situation.  I chose the sting 9mm for a few reasons: high rate of fire, low weight, IR laser attachment and low range. Perfect for a swat team close quarter mission.

Its only a quarter made sadly, but ive got most of the ideas in place. If anybody would like to help me finish it or suggest ideas that would be lovely.
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2014, 05:07 AM by Watchmen »
...yes in fact it is so dependable that my bread and butter relies on it.

Offline Duke

• Admin Staff
« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2014, 06:47 AM »
We'll probably end up with about twenty 60/90 min CQB missions now  :P  ;D

But it won't hurt to have handful of these types of missions anyway, useful if you fancy CQB or just want to mess around with a shorter mission, etc.
"Never give in–never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to your own convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” Winston Churchill

Offline Blackhawk6

« Reply #7 on: Jul 30, 2014, 04:32 PM »
Seems I have started a craze! I really like the fast rope insertion. Awesome idea. And seems everyone has their own great ideas that, when compiled, will result in a pretty sweet CQB mission. Looking forward to updates on the timeline of these missions.

13A - King of Battle