Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

DONATIONS TO HELP COVER SERVER COSTS: Every little bit helps!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/81mjCq47Ho

TeamSpeak 3 & Arma III Servers
nqdytactical.myddns.rocks

collapse

* Current Time for NQDY

GAME TIMES:

[Vanilla] Fridays: 5PM PST
[Modded] Saturdays: 5PM PST

* [ NQDY ] Tactical Unit - S

* NQDY - Vanilla

* NQDY - Primary

Author Topic: Can someone help with a Coop 3 + 1 Mission ?  (Read 6398 times)

Offline Folke

• STEAM Profile
Can someone help with a Coop 3 + 1 Mission ?
« on: May 15, 2014, 09:42 AM »
Im just chatting with Bill and he accepted the challenge !

The mission will have 2 names...

The first name is for a Tank crew of 2 or 3, and its called "Kill Bill"

The second name is for Bill, and the name is "Kill the giant rabbit"

The mission should be Bill with whatever load-out he wants including Titan missiles , and a Quad of course (its important that this post is called "Bill"   :D [size=78%] ![/size]
[/size][size=78%] [/size]
The Tank crew should be maybe an Engineer, a medic and a rifle man.....

The mission should be that Tank and Bill start maybe 5-7  km apart.  The tank crew get waypoints to take out Bill (Without his exact location)    and Bill can dig in and wait........ 

This could be tense !   ;D

Any of you Missions magicians who can help ??????

This will be the final exam for the "Tank crew training"    :P

Tired and Tired again, re-tired!

Offline WCG

• STEAM Profile
    • That's interesting...
Re: Can someone help with a Coop 3 + 1 Mission ?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:55 AM »
Oh, this sounds like fun!

Naturally, I want a quadbike, a Titan missile launcher, and Titan AT missiles. (Just one tank? I suppose I only need one missile then, huh? Heh, heh. No, I guess 3 or 4 would be nice, just in case.)

I assume I won't be shooting any infantry, so I don't care what rifle I get, but I'd like a TWS scope on it and Rangefinder binoculars. And maybe a couple of beers to drink while I'm waiting.

5-7 km apart sounds fine, but I'll need to know where the enemy starts from, just as they're going to need a rough idea of where I am. Otherwise, we might never find each other.  :P

But I don't care. This sounds like fun however it's set up.

Bill

Offline HRD

• Patron
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 10:01 AM »
I'll build them later today after I have killed some bugs in my bloody lawn - I HATE LAWNS!!!
H

Offline Folke

• STEAM Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 10:10 AM »
HRD..  Isnt it the bugs you hate ?  Otherwise just kill the lawn instead  :P

Thanks for the quick reply ! No hurry, it was just Bill and I brainstorming... or maybe just storming, the other part im not so sure where it is  :o

Offline Folke

• STEAM Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 11:17 AM »
Maybe I can wish for the tank as well ?  Since Bill wish for his stuff...  I would prefer the latest slammer...   M2A2 or M2A4  8)
So the commander get an MG....... 

Offline WCG

• STEAM Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 08:21 PM »
OK, I had a blast with this mission today - though I ended up dying both times we played it.

The first time, it was Ten Ox and I against two tanks. We died.  :)

I must say that I was really impressed at how Folke commanded the tanks, since I had a hard time locking on to them with my missile launcher, even when I was able to spot them moving. I hit both tanks, I think - the second one with two missiles (I was only carrying three, which was a mistake) - but couldn't knock them out. Gunny shot me before I could get away after shooting my last missile. Nice job, guys!

That was so much fun we played it again, with even more people. This time, Duke and LukeWarm joined Ten Ox and I as the rabbits. There were two tanks at the start, but three at the end, I think.

At one point, the tanks were right in the middle of us. Really, all four of us were converging on them from different directions,... but they just disappeared. I don't know how they did it, but that was some good tank driving! Anyway, we searched around for a long, long time before we found them again... and then we all died. Heh, heh.

I don't know how my companions died. I'm pretty sure I hit a tank and left it burning (it wasn't safe to hang around after launching a missile, so I can't confirm that), so maybe we took some of them with us? After that, though, I took a chance and stepped out from a bush to take a side shot on another tank, but Dan spotted me almost instantly. I couldn't wait for the missile to lock on, so I'm pretty sure I missed with it. Unfortunately, he didn't.  :P

As I say, I had a great time. I'm not crazy about PvP games, but there was so much tension in this mission - on both sides, I think - that it's definitely an exception.

H, you did a great job with this. Thanks! The only minor problem I saw was that we respawned instantly, right where we died. Since the tank was still there, we needed to exit the mission to stop the respawns.

Of course, the mission was originally going to be just me against a tank, so when I died, the mission would end. Since we had so many people playing it, we wanted to wait until everyone had died. That's the only reason the respawns were a problem at all.

As I say, I thought it was great fun. And I'm more impressed than ever at how the tank crews handled their vehicles! Folke, you must be a good teacher! (I know you're a good commander.) I still like being the rabbit, I think, but I'm going to have to improve my game to take you guys out!

Bill

Offline HRD

• Patron
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 08:38 PM »

H, you did a great job with this. Thanks! The only minor problem I saw was that we respawned instantly, right where we died. Since the tank was still there, we needed to exit the mission to stop the respawns.

Of course, the mission was originally going to be just me against a tank, so when I died, the mission would end. Since we had so many people playing it, we wanted to wait until everyone had died. That's the only reason the respawns were a problem at all.
Bill

Exactly Bill! The mission was built for a one-off battle between you and the tank. Dead was dead. The respawn on the spot is a default with Arma and I didn't worry about it as I was told you would log and try again OR log to some other mission.
I'm finding it very difficult to please all - all of the time. Please keep this in mind when you point out the problems.
H

Offline PapaReap

• Global Administrator
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 10:58 PM »
H, I don't think Bill was complaining about your mission at all, but complimenting it (your part).

I think he was just pointing out that they had not played the mission as it was designed to be played (dead is dead).

If they had played as designed, then once they respawned they should have ended the mission, because they didn't and others joined he was just pointing out what had happened (not your fault).

Offline Folke

• STEAM Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 11:11 PM »
HRD !  You made another 9 stars mission !   It was built exactly after the idea I had.

What happened was that the interest and the engagement in this went far beyond my expectations  so therefor the direct respawn didn't feel enough. but that's only my fault..  I got what I asked for and I got far more than that.

The terrain chosen is perfect ! It gives Bill and his team a lot of cover, and the same for the tanks, so it became a really good environment.There are a few things I wanted to show with this mission:

1.  A well trained tank crew can accomplish a lot !   (CHECK !  We worked perfect,  Teamwork one hundred stars )

2.  AT guys, doesn't have an easy task if the tank is used correctly.  (More than check ! It was repeated many times after the both sessions from Bills side "I couldnt lock on"   :D  [size=78%] )[/size]

The crew !, you are brilliant !  It was a pleasure and very easy to lead you !  It just clicked !  The teamwork in our tank was as good as it can be, everyone did their job perfect, so we became really deadly to the enemies !

And even Thanks to the enemies...  You made us sweat a lot... the adrenaline level was very high, but a lot of fun !

Also the golden mission award to HRD for creating this mission !

Next mission I will ask for will be showing why I stopped being in the armed forces  ;)    and converted to dog handler in the Airforce...
.It will be Helicopter vs Tank  ???   ..  The title could be "Sitting Ducks" or "Death from above, but we cant see them"
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:24 PM by folke »