Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

DONATIONS TO HELP COVER SERVER COSTS: Every little bit helps!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/81mjCq47Ho

TeamSpeak 3 & Arma III Servers
nqdytactical.myddns.rocks

collapse

* Current Time for NQDY

GAME TIMES:

[Vanilla] Fridays: 5PM PST
[Modded] Saturdays: 5PM PST

* [ NQDY ] Tactical Unit - S

* NQDY - Vanilla

* NQDY - Primary

Author Topic: can't play or join sever?  (Read 4394 times)

Offline Murdock65

can't play or join sever?
« on: Aug 18, 2014, 03:10 AM »
 >:( well folks.. I have tried to figure out my issues with playing on your server and my fps dropping fgo 5- 7  after a few minutes in game and nothing is working?
Something in this mod list or arms sync itself? Which I am not familiar with just crashes my PC?
I have no problems on many other sites running way more mods and no issues st all?
 I even made a mod folder for your server using play with six which I use all the time and couldn't even connect?

So? For now too frustrated ,tnx all enjoy game sorry itdidn't work out for me.....Murdock

Offline Watchmen

• STEAM Profile
Re: can't play or join sever?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2014, 03:22 AM »
Sorry about that man. I would suggest that if you can determine it's not your own pc causing the problem to do a clean install of arma 3. I personally have done this many times since A3 came out and even had to do so again when i installed the nqdy mods. I'm sure the problems will go away, it's a real shame if it still can't work then.
...yes in fact it is so dependable that my bread and butter relies on it.

Offline Duke

• Admin Staff
« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2014, 04:06 AM »
If this is the only server you're having issues with, sorry Watchman I wouldn't suggest a clean install.

It might be an idea to arrange something with Reap or someone else who knows what they're doing (not me!) on team viewer so they can have a look at what's going on? Especially as it's this server specifically, that you're having issues with.
"Never give in–never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to your own convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” Winston Churchill

Offline WCG

• STEAM Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2014, 05:56 AM »
Yeah, we don't want to lose you, Murdock. I know firsthand how frustrating these things can be! Unfortunately, I don't know enough about this stuff to even suggest anything (except, as Duke suggests, to get together with someone who does know what he's doing).

Lots of people here are willing to help (not so many of us have the knowledge to be of use, admittedly). Hang in there. You don't have to puzzle this out alone.

Bill

Offline Denny

• Patron
  • Head shot.. Best shot
« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2014, 07:15 AM »
Try this.  Go to Arma3 in the Steam library.  Right click for properties.  Go to local files.  Verify integrity of game cache.  Let it run to completion.  I've found I had 35 important files missing that Steam replaced.
Worth a try.
Check your ammo.

Offline PapaReap

• Global Administrator
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2014, 09:27 AM »
Murdock, if you have time, either this evening or any day after 5pm pacific time. I would be happy to help you. We can start with a vanilla server if need be, then add mods one at a time to see if we can chase down your problem.

Teamviewer would be a great tool to speed the process, sometimes just a fresh set of eyes can do wonders.
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

Also, you have to be careful with PW6, as many times their mods are different than ours.

We will get you going on our server one way or another ;D

PR

Offline Murdock65

« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2014, 09:34 AM »
Denny? I did what you said but when I click for properties I don't see the local files thing your talking about?

Offline WCG

• STEAM Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #7 on: Aug 19, 2014, 05:25 AM »
Denny? I did what you said but when I click for properties I don't see the local files thing your talking about?

Right-click on Arma 3 in your Steam library and select "Properties." That will open up a Properties window which will have six tabs at the top. It defaults to the "General" tab. "Local Files" should be the third tab over.

At least, that's the way it is for me. Good luck.

Bill

Offline Murdock65

« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2014, 05:47 AM »
 :( weird? don't have a tab called local? only general, sharing, security, previous versions, and customize???

Offline deathmetaldan

• superbientes reprimendi
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2014, 06:23 AM »
here is a link to the steam support page, hopefully this will help you figure it out. If you have the time to get help from reap im completely certain he can get you set up and working if you will give him the time and the patience.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Windows Vista, 7, or 8 users

Skip this step and proceed to the next one if you do not use Windows Vista, 7, or 8.
Completely exit Steam
Right-click on the shortcut which you use to launch Steam
Select "Run as Administrator"
Launch Steam again and continue to the section of this article titled "Verify integrity of game cache"

All operating systems - Verify integrity of game cache

Load Steam
From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2014, 07:28 AM by deathmetaldan »

Offline Duke

• Admin Staff
« Reply #10 on: Aug 19, 2014, 06:30 AM »
:( weird? don't have a tab called local? only general, sharing, security, previous versions, and customize???

Sounds like you're clicking the steam shortcut on the desktop (or wherever you have it) ?

You need to locate arma 3 listed actually within steam itself: games, view games library and you should find arma 3 listed. From there you right click and find properties, etc. It might help, but it doesn't sound like that is causing the issue, but worth a try.

"Never give in–never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to your own convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” Winston Churchill

Offline Murdock65

« Reply #11 on: Aug 19, 2014, 11:36 AM »
 ;) ok got it was in wrong place thnx Duke, now will try again when server is up see if that helps ty all for helping would really like to join group and just maybe? finish one mission?

Offline PapaReap

• Global Administrator
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: Aug 19, 2014, 12:57 PM »
Murdock, both servers are up and ready for you when you want to test