Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

DONATIONS TO HELP COVER SERVER COSTS: Every little bit helps!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/81mjCq47Ho

TeamSpeak 3 & Arma III Servers
nqdytactical.myddns.rocks

collapse

* Current Time for NQDY

GAME TIMES:

[Vanilla] Fridays: 5PM PST
[Modded] Saturdays: 5PM PST

* [ NQDY ] Tactical Unit - S

* NQDY - Vanilla

* NQDY - Primary

Author Topic: Mission help  (Read 5721 times)

Offline Folke

• STEAM Profile
Mission help
« on: Jul 14, 2014, 12:39 AM »
Good Moring America (And the rest of the world as well)

I got an idea for a mission.  It will be "Modern Warfare" but if I call it that, I guess I will be sued by the CoD team....

It will be a coop mission between infantry, Armor and Helicopter.
NQDY will be fighting CSAT Tanks and infantry (AA & AT)

Depending on on how many we will be, There will be at least 3 tanks and 2 helicopters and 2 Hunters (Quads if Bill is in that Team). 
The group in the hunter will be working as one of the most dangerous "special forces" that actually exists.  Tank Recon.
During ww2 they were using smoke to mark enemy tanks. Today I hope we can use our maps in Arma.

The tanks and helicopters must Co-op (If you fly to far ahead of the tanks, enemy AA will take you out before you even get the time to say "Quadbike" !).
And if the tanks get to far ahead, before the heli and  before Tank Recon spotted the AT, you will be barbequed.

I know roughly how I want the enemies to work. So if I start in the editor and place them, could some one maybe spend some time with a mission noob like me to get them to do what I want ? 

???
Tired and Tired again, re-tired!

Offline PapaReap

• Global Administrator
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Mission help
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2014, 01:08 AM »
I would be happy to help were I can, however, not tonight. It's time for me to sleep  :(

I will send you a invite to dropbox, there you will find a folder with your name on it. You can share your files if desired :)

Offline Folke

• STEAM Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2014, 01:47 AM »
Thanks PapaReap  !!
No hurry, you will have many good nights of sleep before I will be ready  :P

Sweet dreams !

Offline WCG

• STEAM Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2014, 04:56 AM »
It will be "Modern Warfare" but if I call it that, I guess I will be sued by the CoD team....

You could call it "Modern Whorefare."  :D

But whatever you call it, it sounds like fun, Folke - quadbike or no quadbike.  :)

Bill

Offline Folke

• STEAM Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 2014, 10:26 AM »
Have only played around a little bit with the editor before without any real objectives..
You guys gave me inspiration !   Thanks !

I tried the helicopter part of my mission and was shot down after 20 seconds in the air  ???  that with only 2 enemy units in place, without any waypoints ......    :o

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 14, 2014, 10:53 AM »
I would volunteer to fly
I feel confident in troop transport scenarios since its all I have been really practising (the basics)

Not sure what type of choppers you have or there roles exactly but if its somewhat simple (transport group A to LZ B) or if its gun support with a dedicated side gunner I think I could handle it.

I'm off this week as well after my shift tomorrow, so if your thinking it would be ready for this coming weekend I should be able to make it.

Ghost

Offline Folke

• STEAM Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 14, 2014, 11:44 AM »
Ghostfire (and others)  , this will be attack helicopters with a Gunner and pilot...  And you absolutely need to co ordinate the flying with the ground forces in order not to be fried in the air....

There will be three types of people

1. Helicopter crew:  Pilot - Gunner

2. Tank crew:   Driver - Gunner - Commander

3. Tank scouts (Recon):    AT - Sniper - Medic

Please report to nearest recruitment office  :P       

I still will need help to get the enemies to some nasty things  :-\  but they seem to put up resistance even without waypoints..........

Offline Fishercat

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 14, 2014, 03:26 PM »
Is there a way someone could incorporate the use of infantry lazing a target for an attack helo or fighter jet into a mission?  I haven't done it in some time, since Arma 2 actually and don't even know how to do it in Arma 3.  I wouldn't mind trying helo gunner.  Tank crew is good for me too.

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 14, 2014, 04:14 PM »
Sounds good....
I really haven't spent much time flying while shooting at the same time. That's why I was wondering if it was going to be a black hawk with a door gunner or something.

What helo are you thinking of using? maybe I can get a few practice runs in with it before giving it a go.

Offline DTRAX

• Admin Staff
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: Jul 14, 2014, 04:32 PM »
when it comes to tanks i`m a driver if needed? flying is not my thing but you all know i`m a medic buy trade in this game so i could do that role if needed. :) or just a ground pounder....

Offline WCG

• STEAM Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #10 on: Jul 15, 2014, 05:25 AM »
Recon for me, or I can do tank crew (not commander, probably). I don't think you want me flying a helicopter, but I'm up for anything, really.

Bill

Offline Watchmen

• STEAM Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 17, 2014, 12:12 AM »
Heres what i think about this. The idea of a air and ground combined forces is great however you have to consider performance, the golden rule is: the larger the scale of the battle the slower the mission will be in terms of fps and connection. So this means you need to test for performance in the middle of a heavy firefight, keep in mind there will be huge explosions and things flying everywhere.

Another suggestion is this, we are in the year 2050:D or whatever year it is in Arma 3. So we have the advantage of drone warfare for long range recon abilities. You could have a UAV flying high in the sky controlled by one player who can literally take note of everything on the battlefield and coordinate forces. Further more the drones have laser marking abilities that all players can see, so he for example can mark a tank for everyone to target. I advise only a senior player be incharge of ths.
...yes in fact it is so dependable that my bread and butter relies on it.

Offline Folke

• STEAM Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jul 17, 2014, 03:59 AM »
Thank watchmen... 
I like the drones a lot. I use them as often as I can. And this technique that exist in Arma 3 is not 2050, its almost yesterday already today  :o .   Look at the Israeli defense drone UGV...  and the sights on the drones and tanks are no better than what equipment got today.
I spoke with a friend working with optics for combat vehicles and boats. They are working now on combining different light sources so they can see through smoke, fire and clouds. So I guess Arma will soon update as well  :D  ..
They already got cameras that can read number plates from a very long distance, several kilometers ....  I hope they dont sell them to the Traffic Police....