Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

DONATIONS TO HELP COVER SERVER COSTS: Every little bit helps!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/81mjCq47Ho

TeamSpeak 3 & Arma III Servers
nqdytactical.myddns.rocks

collapse

* Current Time for NQDY

GAME TIMES:

[Vanilla] Fridays: 5PM PST
[Modded] Saturdays: 5PM PST

* [ NQDY ] Tactical Unit - S

* NQDY - Vanilla

* NQDY - Primary

Author Topic: Hardcore, huh?  (Read 5457 times)

Offline WCG

• STEAM Profile
    • That's interesting...
Hardcore, huh?
« on: Jul 06, 2014, 12:15 PM »

So you say you want hardcore? Comrades in Arms is a group I played with a few times when I first bought Arma 3. They're based in Eastern Europe, I think (Variable lives in Israel), so the play times didn't work well for me.

Also, they're a bit too hardcore for me, since they allow neither revive nor respawn. When you're dead, you're dead. You can only watch the survivors play.

In fact, the first two times I played Arma 3 multiplayer - ever - I was the last guy left alive in one of their missions. I knew even less about the game than I do now, and I'm pretty sure I killed no one, but the rest of them got to watch me fumble around by myself, not having any idea of what I was doing!  :P  (I didn't fumble around for long, before I was killed, too. Heh, heh.)

Of course, I still don't know what I'm doing, so things haven't changed much, huh?

Anyway, in this mission, they're lost, at night, with enemies searching for them. They have no maps, no short-range radio, no gps, no nightvision or thermal scopes (at night!), no icons, no crosshairs, no third-person, no ShackTac HUD, and, as I say, no revive or respawn. And you thought you were hardcore, huh?  :D

They've got a long-range radio with which they can, eventually, contact the rescue chopper. (But remember, they don't know where they are on Altis.) They've also got compasses, apparently. But that's about it.

Oh, and note how the leader won't stop to let the medic heal the injured, either, when they're trying to lose their attackers. Yeah, hardcore.  :)  But also, note their fire discipline. We could use some of that!

They're a nice bunch of guys (no women, as far as I know - too bad), but they're too hardcore for me. And I really didn't want to play in the afternoons. (Yeah, so I've been tempted, here.) Plus, at the time - more than a year ago - they mostly played Arma 2, which I didn't own. So I moved on and started playing with Turd.

Anyway, it's a neat video, isn't it? Are you guys this hardcore on Friday nights?

Bill

Offline DTRAX

• Admin Staff
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Hardcore, huh?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2014, 01:03 PM »

looks like fun, 6man teams are nice and easy to control. from a mission builder stand point its hard to keep 20 man teams from getting board. as far as fridays missions you will need to join and see for your self.........haa....haa...

Offline Folke

• STEAM Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2014, 01:21 PM »
Hardcore ??  Sure its hard.... without all the extra luxury with scopes and big guns.....
Are they a lot better than us ?  I wouldn't say so...
We become more and more a TEAM and when we have the real spirit, we are very bad for the enemies.
This is not impossible for us at all...
We start with the combat pairs, you stick together, cover each other, one move, one shoot !
The fire team of two pairs, also stick together, when everyone knows their place you are good..

The fire teams can be divided as they did in this movie, but without comms, I wouldn't send the team to go that far apart.....

The key is Gunny's golden words: "If your so far away from your team members that you have to use the radio, youre too far out"

We almost had this scenario on Wednesday, we didnt have the equipment we should, and yet we were sneaking pretty far into enemy territory... Good job guys !   ;)

Tired and Tired again, re-tired!

Offline RaTTle

• Patron
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2014, 02:19 PM »
Team Leaders set the firing status in the missions . It should be followed by all to keep "THE TEAM" safe and secure .
Having an effective team in both communications and firing status is what completes a mission .......

Its not about how many TANGOS you killed ...but how well you kept your team alive to complete the MISSION

Firing Status
    RED ....DO NOT fire weapon ,DO NOT engage , evade
    YELLOW .... return fire ONLY if fired upon
   GREEN...Fire at will

Strict Communcation skills , keep comms clear , report only immediate issues

The key is Gunny's golden words: "If your so far away from your team members that you have to use the radio, youre too far out"....
maybe its just my settings but whenever I  turn around to check 6 when I am only  a few meters away, I don't hear anything , even with YELLING turned on by others 

Offline DTRAX

• Admin Staff
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2014, 06:27 PM »
very well said rat....... ;D

Offline Folke

• STEAM Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 06, 2014, 10:42 PM »
Rat !  Im proud to be in the same team as you !

For the comms, We can meet up anytime if you need to try things out, And Im sure most of us would do what it takes to help you.
I often go in a mission by myself, just to try out new things... If you dont get anyone else, just send me a message, its most often best to be two when testing communication  :P

Offline RaTTle

• Patron
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2014, 01:56 PM »
In between missions , I am availble weekdays EST 1700 to 2100 hours and weekends EST 0900 to 1800 hours for those interested in learning communication skills , different weapons usage , Demolition tatics , CQB , Urban Combat , bounty movements and cover angles , retreat movements and cover angles , firing status , HUD color assignments ect ect .
For any and all interested , just PM me and or add RattleDapper to ur Steam friends list and message me . I am always there for you .
Am effective Team rules the World .

Offline Denny

• Patron
  • Head shot.. Best shot
« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2014, 03:54 PM »
Strict Communication skills , keep comms clear , report only immediate issues.
This to me, is very important.  Lots of needless yacking.  Causes a lot of distractions. ::)
Check your ammo.

Offline Folke

• STEAM Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 07, 2014, 10:56 PM »
Rattle ! 
In between missions
I served in the Swedish Army, and I remember most of the Swedish words for comms and directions.. However my vocabulary for that in English is lacking a lot, so if you have patience and time for some drill exercises IM really interested..

So you might regret your offer  :P

Have a good one all of you out there....

Offline Blankcache

• Patron
  • I am an Armaholic.
« Reply #9 on: Jul 08, 2014, 05:28 AM »
 I played the CWR2 mod for Arma 2 with the CIA guys and Its normal for no revive/respawn in all of their missions. I recall several times them stumbling across a mission with revive and immediately removing it from the server.

My hours at work didn't mesh well with their game times so I don't get a chance to play with them much these days.

The effect is good for making you actually worry about getting killed. It slows people down and makes them think about their actions. 

That guy Variable is a cool cat I thought and I enjoyed playing with them.

I recall my first mission where clearing out a small village everyone got downed and I alone was left . I tried to finish it myself but it was pointless. I had fun though and that's the point.

β€œIt's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.”
― Mark Twain

Offline WCG

• STEAM Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #10 on: Jul 08, 2014, 06:18 AM »
That guy Variable is a cool cat I thought and I enjoyed playing with them.

Yup. Their missions seem to be a lot shorter than the ones we play, though. (Or maybe that's just 'cause we died so quickly when I played with them?  :) ) If I had to stay dead for two hours, watching everyone else play the mission, well, I think that would get old fast.

Bill

Offline Ten Ox

• Noobs of the world unite!
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 08, 2014, 07:42 AM »
Like the way team leader was covering for everybody else and leaving last.
Thats the way to do it.

Ox
Noobs of the world unite!