Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

DONATIONS TO HELP COVER SERVER COSTS: Every little bit helps!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/81mjCq47Ho

TeamSpeak 3 & Arma III Servers
nqdytactical.myddns.rocks

collapse

* Current Time for NQDY

GAME TIMES:

[Vanilla] Fridays: 5PM PST
[Modded] Saturdays: 5PM PST

* [ NQDY ] Tactical Unit - S

* NQDY - Vanilla

* NQDY - Primary

Author Topic: Ok ... this is nuts...  (Read 3500 times)

Offline TURD

• Founder
  • Administrator
Ok ... this is nuts...
« on: Jun 08, 2013, 07:10 PM »
Ok .. this is a mission I am building ...

Offline WCG

• STEAM Profile
    • That's interesting...
Re: Ok ... this is nuts...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2013, 08:22 AM »
Very clear.  :P

PS. Can you use scripts, templates, and such from sites like this? Or are you, already?

Bill

Offline TURD

• Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2013, 07:59 AM »
Very clear.  :P

PS. Can you use scripts, templates, and such from sites like this? Or are you, already?

Bill

Thanks for the link. There are some links to content I have not seen yet.

Yes I am. It's a combination of both..   Some of this stuff is of finding the proper info on how it interacts or tying the puzzle together is having some challenges.  All of this is just a script, but script is a loose term.

In most cases the easiest way to find out things is to unpack the .pbo file for a MP mission.

Some things are scripted via files in the mission folder or as in the picture above, strings in the init variable  for the the object, like a group or squad is called a script.

Not sure I would call it that as its more of an action statement with variables. 

Slicing through the verbiage on how people relate or describe things in some cases throws me off. :)

Before our sync up yesterday, I spent a couple hours just going through creating tasks - and setting triggers for completion of the tasks.  This is what triggers these short term objectives that we see on some of the missions.  I still not done with looking at it and documenting it in a way for myself to fully get the gist of it.  Through the mission editor this can get complex.  This will take some time to learn. :)

Offline TURD

• Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2013, 10:26 AM »
I spent a little this week working on my mission. Is there nothing in this game that does not require a script to function. ARGH>>   just me and my impatience.. :) 

dekriss

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2013, 12:12 PM »
Hope we will be able to have a play on your mission. :)

I was about to try too, but i just stopped when i saw in what hell i'm gonna participate haha! It's too much for me.. For now.. But later i might try.

Eagle_Eye.