Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

DONATIONS TO HELP COVER SERVER COSTS: Every little bit helps!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/81mjCq47Ho

TeamSpeak 3 & Arma III Servers
nqdytactical.myddns.rocks

collapse

* Current Time for NQDY

GAME TIMES:

[Vanilla] Fridays: 5PM PST
[Modded] Saturdays: 5PM PST

* [ NQDY ] Tactical Unit - S

* NQDY - Vanilla

* NQDY - Primary

Author Topic: Pitching a new mission...  (Read 4739 times)

Offline SHK1800

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
Pitching a new mission...
« on: May 04, 2017, 05:07 PM »
Hi All,

I have a story line for a mission that I would like to pitch, and of course get feedback (positive or negative), Not AS grim as the one I was talking about last week....lol

Anyway, I have no idea how to make a mission, I'm more of the dreamer...

I think its a good one.

Offline Fishercat

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
Re: Pitching a new mission...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 02:44 PM »
Intriguing.

Offline SHK1800

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 03:04 PM »
I am getting a rough draft, story board set up and will post it here real soon... :-X

Offline sargeakanate

• SARGE
  • Admin Staff
  • “A good soldier never leaves a man behind.”
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 07:38 PM »
Let me know, I can work with Trax and Reap on it. I'm game....
"Your in my house now!"

Offline SHK1800

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 09:26 PM »
Ok, I will be breaking this down into sections:

Mission beginning:

This mission actually starts at the end of one of our many successful missions(open to choices), this means the same teams will still apply.

Because it starts at the end of a mission, each soldier starts out with a very limited supply of ammo or may be out, depending.  The reason for this is because it is a time sensitive mission and our team is the closes.  We must infiltrate and insert the incorrect coordinates into a chemical weapon(missile) or WMD.  What we don't know, is that the missile coordinates are set to the same location we are in.(This is done because its meant to look like a failure to the native people there and thus change the outcome of the local political parties).  That means that this is an absolutely secret mission made to make the government look inept.  We will fly ourselves in, destroy the vehicle we come in on and proceed to the mission.

HQ understands we are low on supplies and has arranged an air drop that will land in occupied territory, it is imperative that we get to this equipment as its essential to mission success.  If enemy forces reach the gear before us, we must eliminate all threats and secure or destroy the gear as there cannot be any evidence we were there.  This is a time sensitive mission as the missile will launch and we don't know its intended destination, all we know is its payload.  Which brings up the point of getting out of the area in time once the false coordinates are entered.

The only option is a submarine which can be in the area to retrieve the team, however, they will not pick you up if not under the correct time line.  It is unknown if there is a boat at or near the location that is fast enough to get you to the submarine, also, comms will be down until the data is uploaded to the missile, this is for security reasons, again this is time sensitive.

.....So, I will start it there, of course any and all input is appreciated.  If this is a possible idea, I would love to work on it.  It does allow for some variables as well as some items I would be interested in trying out.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 02:30 AM by SHK1800 »

Offline PapaReap

• Global Administrator
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 09:50 AM »
This sounds quite interesting and quite doable  ;D

Offline SHK1800

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 12:58 PM »
Cool!

The stroyline should be decent(I hope), im thinking about EMPs, WWII or Vietnam wra weapons(possible in some old forgotton bunker)  if the team does not successed in the aquiring of supplies disguised as humanitarian aid drops...

TLs will be under alittle stress inoculation.

All classes will be used to the fullest, mechanics will be needed as it will highly probable that a vehicle will have to be built from parts from a garage etc while taking fire, it shoukd be a contact/cover situation.

Our side will have given us some basic intel to accomplosh the mission but will be using EMPs to keep enemy comms down.

Looking forward to see what input suggestions there are for this or how it can be put together.

Offline Viscosity

• The Bloodhound
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 02:30 PM »
Wicked concept; Though I'd be wary of using an EMP in this particular mission. [And using more than one would be redundant; As the first would have already done all the damage.] Perhaps our forces are using radio jammers instead?

An Emp would render any dot or holographic sights as inert, our radios would be rendered un-usable and so would your electronic missile guidance/trigger systems on your WMDs.

EMPs aren't temporary in real life; They generally overload electronics and render them useless / makes them glorified paperweights.

It would mean there wouldn't be any usable Cars, Jeeps, Humvees, or Armor; As they would all be disabled permanently, and Helicopters would literally drop from the sky or become unable to take off as all of their instruments and avionics would be ruined.

It could be really interesting to see EMP's used in a mission, but as far as they go; An EMP would do our mission for us in this scenario rendering any electronic triggers on a bomb like that inert. [Unless the enemy has someone manually setting said bomb off and they'd have to physically interact with the bomb and even then it's un-likely that they would be able to trigger the bomb as it's circuits and triggering mechanisms would be fried.]

Not to mention the enemy would know something is up, and that we're present as few countries have the capabilities to create an EMP blast - Reinforcements and Retaliation would be swift and unaffected by the EMP. [Multiple EMP's would ruin the reinforcement's equipment as well, but that would be a clear and definite sign of fowl play by an opposing government.]

EMPS In 60 Seconds:

Just my two cents on EMPs, and I'm still looking forward to it either way! :)
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."
-Sun Tzu

Offline SHK1800

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 06:38 PM »
Agreed, I prefer jammers for this mission otherwise we will all be dead in the water.

I have no idea what map would be best, thinking a bay or harbor type area for the final fight holding off waves of the enemy while reprograming the missle and looking for a boat and jamming comms...lol
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 06:43 PM by SHK1800 »

Offline Viscosity

• The Bloodhound
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 11:08 PM »
If you have a particular map in mind already you can load it up in the editor and fly around to get the lay of the land.

Scrolling up and down will change height and speed regular movement keys [WASD] for direction and if you don't feel like flying you can pull up the map you can teleport your camera with right click I believe.

If you load the game up with the modset you can also pick and choose any of the additional maps we have; Though some are less optimized as they were arma2 maps that got ported to arma3. [I'd check with Dtrax and Reap before getting too attached to a particular map. =P ]
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."
-Sun Tzu

Offline SHK1800

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 01:20 AM »
Since I would like to have the mission start at the end of a known mission that has been played, perhaps a favorite of the group, that way the team can be warmed up and segway into the new mission...

Is there a fav that everyone likes?

Offline sargeakanate

• SARGE
  • Admin Staff
  • “A good soldier never leaves a man behind.”
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 08:32 PM »
This story line and idea kinda falls in line with my phase three of "When Disaster Strikes".  SHK, you and I should get together one of these evenings and talk about this.  I am currently working on phase 2 which has to do with the Arnoldstein Airport.  Phase 3 is farther south.  let me know.  Thanks.
"Your in my house now!"

Offline SHK1800

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 02:33 AM »
Hey Sarge, I am down to get together one of these nights and talk about you missions, let me know when your around we can meet up on TS.