Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

DONATIONS TO HELP COVER SERVER COSTS: Every little bit helps!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/81mjCq47Ho

TeamSpeak 3 & Arma III Servers
nqdytactical.myddns.rocks

collapse

* Current Time for NQDY

GAME TIMES:

[Vanilla] Fridays: 5PM PST
[Modded] Saturdays: 5PM PST

* [ NQDY ] Tactical Unit - S

* NQDY - Vanilla

* NQDY - Primary

Author Topic: In-game brief example  (Read 3059 times)

Offline Duke

• Admin Staff
In-game brief example
« on: Aug 21, 2016, 03:17 AM »
Hi Reap, DTRAX and all,

This is an example of my group's in game brief, I spoke about ? This op was literally the first time we did it this way.

What we often do, depending on the mission, etc., but generally anyway, is do a pre-reconnaissance during the week before Saturday's op (just a 4 man team or so).   We gather intel, if we have a UAV available take pictures and so on and then then TL/patrol commander makes a plan based on this INTEL.  We do this strictly avoiding contact i.e. as stealthy as it gets  :P If we're contacted/detected, we bug out straightaway and there are consequences to being compromised... For e.g. the OPFOR could double the guard, be aware, move a particular objective somewhere else and so on. So Saturday's op has suddenly become a whole lot harder. This is the risk/reward of doing a pre-op recon.

To put you in the picture as you watch the in the in game brief - this is a hostage rescue mission. Just so you know what's being referred to within the brief, 'Dakota' is the LUP/ERV (Lay up point/Emergency rendezvous), 'Idaho' is the assault team,  'Kansas' is the QRF (quick reaction force) and 'Texas' is the FSG (fire support group).

The quality isn't too good unfortunately. The guy who did the video said he had some issues with shadow play or something, so apologies for that. Anyhow, it gives you idea. Hope you find it interesting.

« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 03:33 AM by Duke »
"Never give in–never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to your own convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” Winston Churchill

Offline Fishercat

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
Re: In-game brief example
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2016, 06:14 AM »
Very cool Duke, thanks for sharing.

Offline DTRAX

• Admin Staff
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2016, 09:20 AM »
THAT IS COOL I NEED TO SEE ONE OF YOUR MISSIONS TO SEE HOW YOU GUYS DID THAT. NOW THAT IS DONE WITH ACE? IF YOU COULD SHARE MORE INFO THAT WOULD BE GREAT DUKE. THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH US AGAIN, ITS BEEN FUN.

Offline Duke

• Admin Staff
« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2016, 12:11 PM »
Yeah DTRAX, it's under ACE mission modules - 'slideshow'. There isn't any documentation on it, so I had to figure it.

Name the object where you want the pictures to appear, I named my screen. Then name the controller where you want to switch the slides. I used the infostand and named it control. Within the module you have "objects", put the name of the screen within that e.g. screen. Then under "controllers", enter the name of the object which you want to use to switch the slides, in my case control. Then you have "images". For this you need the path where you're brief pics or whatever you intend to do, for e.g. intel\pic1.jpg,intel\pic2.jpg,intel\pic3.jpg,intel\pic4.jpg and so on. Then under "interaction names", you name the slides how they will appear to the player, for e.g. INFIL, ASSUALT,JOHNNY JONES,EXFIL  and so on. Then you go to the object, the infostand in my case and then use your ACE interaction key, where 'pictures' and then the named slides appear and you simply select which pictures you want.  If you want, you can set it up to automatically change pictures. For this, within the module under "slide duration", you just enter the number of seconds you want between each slide, so for e.g. you enter 20 and then the slides automatically change every 20 seconds.

Hope that makes sense!  If you get around to implementing it and you run into issues, give me a shout.
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 12:14 PM by Duke »
"Never give in–never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to your own convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” Winston Churchill

Offline Luke Warm

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2016, 02:04 PM »
I watched to 1:40 and then skipped a couple times through the rest.  Even though the presentation board was perhaps a little blurry, I think it's a good idea rather then rely on everyone to read the briefing and tasks.  I like the idea.