Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

DONATIONS TO HELP COVER SERVER COSTS: Every little bit helps!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/81mjCq47Ho

TeamSpeak 3 & Arma III Servers
nqdytactical.myddns.rocks

collapse

* Current Time for NQDY

GAME TIMES:

[Vanilla] Fridays: 5PM PST
[Modded] Saturdays: 5PM PST

* [ NQDY ] Tactical Unit - S

* NQDY - Vanilla

* NQDY - Primary

Author Topic: What's your mouse????mice????  (Read 3269 times)

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
What's your mouse????mice????
« on: Jan 28, 2016, 02:53 PM »
Thought I would kinda piggy back Luke's post asking what everyone is running for GPU's except this time it's Mice.

My mouse has decided to develop a "double click" issue on a single mouse click again and I don't think I want to return it for another RMA. Its a razer deathadder chroma which I really like the feel and performance of, but the lack of longevity and internal component quality is apparently a real issue.

I'm hoping to find a logitech mouse that isn't littered with extra buttons (I do want a few). I already run their peripheral software for my G27 racing wheel so I thought I would look into what they have to offer first.

Anyway's...what are you guy's using and how do you like it? hows the build quality? anyone using the G700s wireless?

Offline DTRAX

• Admin Staff
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel

Offline Luke Warm

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
Re: What's your mouse????mice????
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2016, 04:18 PM »
I like Logitech.

Logitech MX700.  Years of great use, but left mouse button stopped working and battery was starting to have short runtime.

Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse 3/2010 - 11/2012.  Left mouse button stopped working.  Great warranty service, filed claim 11/16, 11/19 accepted, 11/21 new mouse in the mail with UPS tracking #.  See next item.

Logitech G400.  Received as warranty replacement.  Never used, still in box.

Logitech G500.  I didn't know the warranty replacement would go that quickly, so I had already bought this.  I'm using it today, running strong with no issues.

I don't use all the extra button (the first couple above only had 2 extra) or the Logitech software.  They are all corded except for that old MX700.

Offline Luke Warm

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2016, 04:26 PM »
Oh as for the littered with extra buttons part...  The G500 has three buttons above the thumb groove/contour, I either never accidentally hit them or they aren't programmed to do anything, or both.  There are two to the left of the left finger and I do accidentally hit them once in a while (less than once a month).  They are the mouse movement sensitivity buttons so they make the cursor go slow, normal, or super fast speed.  Annoying when I click them, but like I said doesn't happen very often.

Offline Waggs

• Patron
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2016, 02:52 PM »
Got myself a G502 seems to be holding up well. Doesn't have many extra buttons but enough for switching fire modes and optics.
Only complaint is the pads on the bottom seem to peel off and like to attach to my mouse pad. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826197013 over all love it

Offline Blankcache

• Patron
  • I am an Armaholic.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2016, 01:43 PM »
SteelSeries Sensei

https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/sensei

I recently went back to this after using my old V7 cheap mouse and am finally used to the higher accuracy of the Sensei.

Its a high quality mouse but the buttons on the sides are in a bad spot and I would have been satisfied without the extra 4 buttons.

I have large hands and this mouse is OK for its size. Could be a little bigger.

Price/Value :

Too expensive for a mouse in my opinion but the good quality almost justifies the purchase but not quite .
β€œIt's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.”
― Mark Twain

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2016, 03:10 PM »
Ended up getting the Logitech G502 spectrum.
Could care less about it having rgb LEDs but liked the braided cable instead of the more rigid plastic variety.
Has more buttons then my Razer deathadder did but not so many I don't know what to do with.
Feels good in the hand and tracks super fast with a high dpi.
Definitely happy with my purchase.
Thanks for all the info.

Only thing I don't like is that Logitech uses a different software for configuration for their racing wheel and a separate more updated one for their mice, keyboards ect.
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2016, 07:06 AM by GhostFire »