Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

DONATIONS TO HELP COVER SERVER COSTS: Every little bit helps!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/81mjCq47Ho

TeamSpeak 3 & Arma III Servers
nqdytactical.myddns.rocks

collapse

* Current Time for NQDY

GAME TIMES:

[Vanilla] Fridays: 5PM PST
[Modded] Saturdays: 5PM PST

* [ NQDY ] Tactical Unit - S

* NQDY - Vanilla

* NQDY - Primary

Author Topic: Steam Xmas sale starts tomorrow  (Read 4150 times)

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
Steam Xmas sale starts tomorrow
« on: Dec 21, 2015, 03:21 PM »
Sale is supposed to start on the 22 and end after the new year for those interested.

Offline Denny

• Patron
  • Head shot.. Best shot
Re: Steam Xmas sale starts tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2015, 05:44 PM »
Any suggestions for any sleeper games out there that might be interesting?  :P
Check your ammo.

Offline Luke Warm

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2015, 09:00 PM »
I know it's not what you meant by sleeper, but I googled "most boring games" (as in put you to sleep) and the first link I clicked on specified Euro Truck Simulator as #1 most boring.  I thought that was ironic as I've heard several of the peeps talking about truck simulator.   ???

Offline Luke Warm

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2015, 09:02 PM »
Anyways, buy the Arma 3 DLC if you don't have and it's on sale.

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2015, 05:46 AM »
Hey Denny,
I really enjoyed Dying Light and its built to allow 4 player coop.
Open world zombie survival free running maddness. Check it out. They are also releasing a huge update along with expansion in early Feb.

If you want something totally different and like the old school pix-elated games check out BroForce. Also supports coop and is pretty hilarious. Most American thing I have seen since Team America. :D

If you want to feel like a Canadian check out "The Long Dark". Fun survival game that is nearing the end of its early access. The dev's have worked hard to update and polish the game. It's not easy despite its cartoonish looks. Canada simulator 1.0 except less boring ;)

Dishonored is probably one of my favorite games I have in my library and I'm pumped for the upcoming sequel so it will be a cheap pick up as well since it's a few years old now.

Hand of Fate is another cool indie game that is a mix of a card builder/combat rpg game.

« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2015, 06:02 AM by GhostFire »

Offline Denny

• Patron
  • Head shot.. Best shot
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2015, 06:08 AM »
Thanks for the replies. To me, sleeper games are simply games that have been overlooked by most gamers, only to find out that they actually look and play very good.  Many have had a resurgence of popularity a few years after they came out.  Mafia 2 come to mind.

I'll take all recommendations for consideration. 8)
Check your ammo.

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2015, 07:13 AM »
I also think that the indie scene gets over looked too much. Some of the most creative and unique games that have been put out in the past few years have come from small publishers. They don't have the larger corporate structure that needs to please the demands of share holders so they have more creative freedom.
Take EA for example. I can't think of a game they have published in the past few years that isn't just another skin of the previous game. (ie Battlefield) Same goes for Ativision and COD.
The main goal for them is to release games that profit.....not take risks and push the genre with creativity.

I actually enjoy Eurotruck Sim 2. Been meaning to test it out again now that I have opentrackir working. The game has done extremely well for such a small company. American truck simulator is their next release and will be coming out in the next few months. Also you can buy EuroTruck 2 for 27.99CDN right now on steam (not on sale). I don't mind paying full price for something when I think its priced accordingly.
BlackOps 3 and Just Cause 3 are both priced at $70 on my end. Not a chance I would pay that.

Offline PapaReap

• Global Administrator
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2015, 10:17 AM »
Anyways, buy the Arma 3 DLC if you don't have and it's on sale.

+1 to this Luke.

Yeah %50 off all DLC, don't hurt to give this one love if you don't have the DLC already. These guys have shown that they support the game well after receiving funds for it.

Plus it makes building missions easier, as we don't have to worry about whether or not someone has the DLC for making loadouts or placing aircraft etc...  give us a little more freedom on our missions ;)

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2015, 02:22 PM »
 ;D I actually thought everyone would have the dlc already.

Support Arma  ;)

Offline Blankcache

• Patron
  • I am an Armaholic.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2015, 03:36 PM »
I got that Arma 3 DLC  :)

Check 7 Days To Die for under $12 till Jan 4th.

I may have a closed server running during January which will be a 24/7 persistent world to survive in for 30+ real days.

They keep making it harder and harder to survive in that environment...love it.
β€œIt's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.”
― Mark Twain

Offline Luke Warm

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2015, 11:52 AM »
I'm thinking about getting GTA V or Sniper Elite 3.   The only thing new/different that looked interesting is Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes... if you're into party games or otherwise have someone to play with.

Offline Fishercat

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2015, 04:00 PM »
I bought the original Dark Souls after putting in 200+ hours into DS2.  +1 to buying the DLC you cheap bastards, even if you don't use some of it the money goes to some of the best developers out there and it will only make the future of Arma brighter.