Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

DONATIONS TO HELP COVER SERVER COSTS: Every little bit helps!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/81mjCq47Ho

TeamSpeak 3 & Arma III Servers
nqdytactical.myddns.rocks

collapse

* Current Time for NQDY

GAME TIMES:

[Vanilla] Fridays: 5PM PST
[Modded] Saturdays: 5PM PST

* [ NQDY ] Tactical Unit - S

* NQDY - Vanilla

* NQDY - Primary

Author Topic: Great video for interested Pilots  (Read 3093 times)

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
Great video for interested Pilots
« on: Aug 09, 2015, 11:16 AM »
Thought I would post this video by Dslyecxi talking about Helicopter agility and landings. A lot of great points in the video if your interested in piloting.
Enjoy

Ghost

« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2016, 12:42 PM by Viscosity »

Offline Stogy

• STEAM Profile
Re: Great video for interested Pilots
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2015, 07:56 AM »
Good post Ghost! Do you use a joystick? There were issues with ARMA3 losing stick mapping in game and therefore disaster. I would like to get back into flying but have been reticent because I do not want to fly with the mouse and the stick was iffy. I have a  Thrustmaster Hotax X.

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2015, 01:07 PM »
Hey Stogy I have the same flight stick as you. Works great for the price I paid for it.

I think the issue your talking about is the same one I was experiencing where all of a sudden I would have no input from the controller.....only mouse and keyboard bindings would work. Its a known issue with a ton of people complaining about the same thing with different flight controllers.

So far what I have found is that as long as I have my keybindings figured out before our game time, as long as I launch the game with the flight stick plugged in and DON"T open the keybindings config during our session it works 100% fine. If I open the menu and go into the options at all, it will lose "connection" and become nothing more then a paper weight.

So best thing to do is plug in the stick and go into the single player heli showcase and setup your controls and keybindings the way you like them. When we have game nights, launch with the controller plugged in and remember to not open the menu screen where the key bindings are. So far this has worked 100% for me.
Another thing I can't do is disconnect the flight stick from the usb and plug it back in during the same mission. For whatever reason "in-game" it won't reconnect or recognize the controller again.

I think someone on here mentioned that windows 10 has corrected this issue which makes sense because from what I have read on the bohemia forums it is a known "deep seated" issue with windows that was causing this problem.
Anyways you should plug in and try it out and see if that helps.

Ghost

Offline DTRAX

• Admin Staff
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2015, 02:33 PM »
yep that`s the main reason  2old found with win 8 or 8.1. that`s why he went too win 10. worked fine for him, give it a shot. 8)

Offline Stogy

• STEAM Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2015, 08:36 PM »
I will giver er a try again then.  :)