Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

DONATIONS TO HELP COVER SERVER COSTS: Every little bit helps!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/81mjCq47Ho

TeamSpeak 3 & Arma III Servers
nqdytactical.myddns.rocks

collapse

* Current Time for NQDY

GAME TIMES:

[Vanilla] Fridays: 5PM PST
[Modded] Saturdays: 5PM PST

* [ NQDY ] Tactical Unit - S

* NQDY - Vanilla

* NQDY - Primary

Author Topic: Dirty Bomb Again (video)  (Read 3677 times)

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
Dirty Bomb Again (video)
« on: Jun 03, 2015, 04:12 PM »
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2015, 04:20 PM by GhostFire »

Offline Stogy

• STEAM Profile
Re: Dirty Bomb Again (video)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2015, 05:36 PM »
Nice post Ghost. Yep you were getting under 10 meters. Nice nap of the earth flying!

Offline PapaReap

• Global Administrator
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2015, 10:08 PM »
Sure is refreshing to see a video from someone else's perspective. Good job ghost :)

Nice work on comm's to everyone.

This was a fun mission, good job Rattle on the core design :)

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2015, 03:41 AM »
Yeh I'm hoping to start posting some more in the future now that I have a proper editing suite. Did a fast edit on this video trying to keep the overall size down.
Great work to both teams and I'm glad I didn't smash us into the rocks on that final assualt with the hot LZ. Easily my favorite part and I'm glad it worked out. Thanks to everyone for taking the risk!!!  ;D

Ghost

P.S sorry for the breathing into the mic....either I have to check my TS audio sett tings or keep my heart from beating so fast while flying under fire
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2015, 03:49 AM by GhostFire »

Offline PapaReap

• Global Administrator
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 2015, 11:15 AM »
Eh, I guess everyone has to breath sometimes :)

Actually it's not ts, unless your recording software allows you to use push-to-talk it will record your mic not-stop.

P.S. What suite are you using for your edits?

P.S.S. What joystick/combo you using, excellent flying, I was quite impressed :)

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 2015, 03:40 PM »
Ahhhhh it must be ShadowPlay picking up my mic then. I'll look into the settings through Nvidia and see what the deal is.

As for editing I picked up CyberLink Power Director13 after reading some good reviews and them having a big Easter Sale on. That was the first video I have finished through the program and I wasn't kidding when I said it was a quick edit. The program has a ton of effects and things to mess around with but I stuck with a single transition and quickly ran through the recording to edit out some of the fluff. Overall I think it will be a really good program to use once I dive a little deeper into it. I have a GoPro camera I have shot real video on so I plan to use this to edit that mostly. Maybe if I put something together I'll throw it on the forum.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/features_en_CA.html?affid=2581_1123_290_12411_0_ENU_powerdirector-ultra

I'm flying with a ThrustMaster HOTAS X. Once again after reading some reviews, it was mentioned as the best bang for your buck, for being a entry level flight stick that covers all your bases but doesn't overwhelm you with buttons and cost. I wasn't sure if I would get into flying or not. I started flying in Arma with a MS 360 controller which I found to be much better then using keyboard and mouse. Not wanting to spend a bunch of money, but up the immersion level I went with the affordable HOTAS X to test out what gaming is like with a real flight stick. Its been a really good starting point for flying I think. I have thrown a ton of hours into flying in Arma but most of my flight time has been in Elite Dangerous. I have pretty much any flight sensitive buttons mapped to the stick leaving just the ship logistics mapped to my keyboard. It works great. Doesn't have its own utility to map buttons though which kinda sucks. Thats why I have such a hard time doing comms over the radio when I'm flying. I haven't found a way to map the radio to the stick so I have to take one hand off flying to cue the radio via the keyboard.
Here is the stick on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CXYMFS/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687702&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00371R8P4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1PDG7YFRQ2PF6YWMAZ3Y