Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

DONATIONS TO HELP COVER SERVER COSTS: Every little bit helps!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/81mjCq47Ho

TeamSpeak 3 & Arma III Servers
nqdytactical.myddns.rocks

collapse

* Current Time for NQDY

GAME TIMES:

[Vanilla] Fridays: 5PM PST
[Modded] Saturdays: 5PM PST

* [ NQDY ] Tactical Unit - S

* NQDY - Vanilla

* NQDY - Primary

Author Topic: Keybinding information and layout information  (Read 5451 times)

Offline 2old2bagamer

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
Keybinding information and layout information
« on: Feb 28, 2015, 01:30 PM »
NQDY Uses AGM mod which adds a high degree of functionality and extensibility to your ARMA3 experience.

The added functionality and independent configuration of AGM keybinds and default in-game keybinds can cause some confusion. Here is a short explanation.

• The ARMA3 game itself has a menu for key binds that is completely separate from the AGM mod's key binds.
  • The ARMA3 keybind menu is located at "Configure," then "Controls" in the Main Menu.
  • The AGM keybind menu can be accessed in game by hitting the escape key, and selecting "AGM Options" in the top left quadrant of the screen.

Here are screenshots of the DEFAULT key settings for AGM:

Page 1:

Page 2:

Page 3 only has one item on it:

I've omitted page 4 because it is less relevant to the subject of this post, and for brevity.

Additionally, here are the default ARMA3 keys, and their categorization in the menu system.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bzntlfpdg6aocg3/Arma3+Default+Key+Binds.pdf
Disclaimer: I forgot where I found the keyboard layout, so unfortunately I can't credit the guy who created the PDF. I'm also attaching the PDF to this thread, as an alternative download source and in case the link goes dead.

Additional Considerations

If you find yourself in a situation where your interaction keys are not working, or you do not have a right windows key here are some things to consider:

Your AGM actions could possibly be bound to your "app menu" (also known as a right-click menu key) which is located on the right hand side of your keyboard, generally speaking somewhere next to the right shift key.
For more information, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menu_key

Also for laptops consider checking combinations of the Fn (function) key, as quoted here:
Some laptop computers include a menu function on the fn key (usually operated by typing ⇧ Shift+Fn), however, this generally invokes functions built into the vendor's software and is not the same as the key described above. For example, the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard has an FN key where the menu key is usually found, pressing which together with its print screen key (above home), produces the Menu key function.
Source: the same Wikipedia link above.

I hope this helps people out.

-Deuce Old.

Offline PapaReap

• Global Administrator
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Keybinding information and layout information
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2015, 01:57 PM »
Good information!

Thanks, Deuce :)

Offline Blankcache

• Patron
  • I am an Armaholic.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2015, 06:13 AM »
I was wondering what that fnc key was on my laptop. Thanks for the info . Good post.
β€œIt's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.”
― Mark Twain

Offline Remora

• Remora
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2015, 11:50 AM »
Zoonkeis, I missed this yesterday which was waaayyy bad will pay closer attention to yours and other posts very good info for people who mess with options they are not aware of outcomes in gameplay.
If a man does his best, what else is there?
George S. Patton
For Remora's Reputation as NQDY

Offline 2old2bagamer

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2015, 02:48 PM »
I was wondering what that fnc key was on my laptop. Thanks for the info . Good post.

The text on your Fn key should be a different color than the text on the rest of the keyboard. Most laptops have the text printed in a blue color variant. There will also be blue print on other keys on your laptop keyboard. When used in conjunction with the Fn key, it makes those keys do whaver they have written on them in blue. For instance, some laptops' wireless card can be enabled or disabled by Fn + F8 or Fn + Scroll Lock (if memory serves me right). You can also change your laptop video output to  the VGA port using some combination of Fn and something else.

I'm glad this helped someone out!