Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

DONATIONS TO HELP COVER SERVER COSTS: Every little bit helps!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/81mjCq47Ho

TeamSpeak 3 & Arma III Servers
nqdytactical.myddns.rocks

collapse

* Current Time for NQDY

GAME TIMES:

[Vanilla] Fridays: 5PM PST
[Modded] Saturdays: 5PM PST

* [ NQDY ] Tactical Unit - S

* NQDY - Vanilla

* NQDY - Primary

Author Topic: Operation Rescue  (Read 5612 times)

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
Operation Rescue
« on: Oct 31, 2014, 11:42 AM »

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
Re: Operation Rescue
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2014, 12:01 PM »
Sorry this is a bit late but havent had much time lately to get to editing or even Arma for that matter.

Anyways I have to say that this mission goes into my top 10 list for missions played so far. Great work by both teams to communicate, cover and put down fire when needed.
I won't speak for Red Team for what they encountered or thought about the mission but I will say thank you for coordinating and communicating as well as you did. We had a few hiccups mostly because of my initial reports once we cleared out of the chopper and immediately got engaged in a gun fight. I wasn't quite sure how to move us out of that spot and that delay gave us a bit more work to do. Great work by your AT to be the fastest trigger in the west and take out that ifrit while their boots were still hitting the ground.
Once we cleared to that first town before making our way to that "hamburger hill" battle  I thought everything went as smooth as butter. Saying that I also thought it was one of the most intense gun fights I have had. Very Duke-esk  :D.
Fish great work dropping contacts with accurate fire and providing great fire support for our movements.
H I thought you did awesome at being quick to call out enemy with bearing and proximaty. I'm glad we made that hill top which gave you open season on the enemy in the valley below.
Blank you were everywhere and on top of things before I even needed to call for a medic. Also great work at taking up security and calling out contacts.

The last little bit of my video which was us moving the hostage to the Heli's got messed up and wouldnt render properly so I left it out and put the text in instead. Really I thought the best part of that mission was all done before we even hit the town. I have to say thanks to Red Team for clearing the town and finding the hostage as quick as you did. We all took a bit of casualties during that time but overall I thought it went really well.

Skull awesome mission!!! not sure if that beginning was suppose to play out like it did but it was a perfect balance and never had a dull point in it.  ;D

Cheers
Ghost

Offline WCG

• STEAM Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2014, 06:14 AM »
I keep saving the links to these videos, because I love to watch them, but it's just hard to find the time. By now, I've got enough saved up for a binge-watch of Arma 3 (maybe the next time I get sick and don't feel well enough to actually play the game?).

Bill

Offline Fishercat

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2014, 03:39 PM »
That was a good one even though I had to leave before the end.

Offline DTRAX

• Admin Staff
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2014, 08:26 PM »
i`v watch every video posted at least twice. they are fun to watch and you can learn from them. keep on posting please. ;D

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2014, 03:21 AM »
Thanks Trax.
I hope people want to watch them or else it doesn't give me much reason to make them. Every time I edit one of these I end up noticing a ton of things in the game that I missed while we were playing it. You can easily see that truck put its head lights on in the first frames jumping out of the chopper but during the game play I never noticed it until a someone else called it out. Situational awareness overload ahha
Anyways if members would rather have some other type of content let me know. Maybe watching a hour and a half arma movie after playing it is boring for people. Ive been really trying to get strict on my editing and take out as much of the fluff as I can without losing the "flow" of the video.
Maybe a highlight real or something of that nature I'll put together next

Ghost
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2014, 06:50 AM by GhostFire »

Offline WCG

• STEAM Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2014, 05:23 AM »
Maybe watching a hour and a half arma movie after playing it is boring for people.

Not for me. I think it's lots of fun to see a mission from someone else's perspective. I get behind on watching them, but only because the days keep getting shorter and shorter the older I get.  :P

Bill

Offline DTRAX

• Admin Staff
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2014, 05:53 AM »
no ghost, i like watching the hole movie. if you don`t you can just fast forward it. i like hearing all the comm`s. that`s just me. 8)

Offline Duke

• Admin Staff
« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2014, 09:08 AM »
I enjoy watching these vids as well.  :)
"Never give in–never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to your own convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” Winston Churchill

Offline PapaReap

• Global Administrator
    • STEAM Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: Nov 03, 2014, 10:13 AM »
Yeah Ghost, keep up the good work.

I'm like you, I try to cut out the fluff but at the same time keep as much of the dialog in so the full content is there.

It does mean you have to watch it yourself (to see what is fluff) but as you say, you see some  things you missed while actually playing. Most the time for me is I see afterwards the ass that shot me (usually moving in my peripheral vision area)  >:(

Offline WCG

• STEAM Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #10 on: Nov 03, 2014, 05:42 PM »
I finally made the time to watch this. Nice video, and great job leading, Ghost. But this was a 'hardcore' mission? Sunshine, no fog, scopes, revive - it all looked identical to our 'casual' missions.

But maybe only the leader had a scope? If not, we'll have to try this in an early session sometime - if we ever get enough people. (We've had very poor turnouts recently. It's been awhile since we really had a good number of players.)

Lots of fun! Thanks for posting this.

Bill