Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

News:

DONATIONS TO HELP COVER SERVER COSTS: Every little bit helps!
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/81mjCq47Ho

TeamSpeak 3 & Arma III Servers
nqdytactical.myddns.rocks

collapse

* Current Time for NQDY

GAME TIMES:

[Vanilla] Fridays: 5PM PST
[Modded] Saturdays: 5PM PST

* [ NQDY ] Tactical Unit - S

* NQDY - Vanilla

* NQDY - Primary

Author Topic: Radio Comm's  (Read 9871 times)

Offline Duke

• Admin Staff
Re: Radio Comm's
« Reply #15 on: Aug 22, 2014, 12:21 PM »
Yes Folke we could use those more- I do use Roger sometimes and affirmative, but never wilco.

I still think a dedicated training session(s) in radio comms wouldn't hurt at all.

Ghostfire ! Are you willing to lead this ??   I think Rattle is as good as well.  Lets save Rattle for the group command training  ;)

Im in !! Maybe we can do a Zeus mission ? and "Zeus" drop things in that we have to report in....

Sounds like a good idea.
"Never give in–never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to your own convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” Winston Churchill

Offline RaTTle

• Patron
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: Aug 22, 2014, 02:19 PM »
please try and learn these

A   ALPHA
B   BRAVO
C   CHARLIE
D   DELTA
E   ECHO
F   FOXTROT
G   GOLF
H   HOTEL
I    INDIA
J    JULIETTE
K   KILO
L    LIMA
M   MIKE
N   NOVEMBER
O   OSCAR
P   PAPA
Q   QUEBEC
R   ROMEO
S   SIERRA
T   TANGO
U   UNIFORM
V   VICTOR
W   WHISKEY
X   XRAY
Y   YANKEE
Z   ZULU

Offline GhostFire

• Patron
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #17 on: Aug 23, 2014, 04:31 AM »
Yeh good idea guys and good find Folke with the UN vocabulary.

Like many of the members said this all just takes practice and a training session like you guys described would be great. The more and more these simple things are followed and practised by everyone the more this will become 2nd nature when it comes to game time.

I have no problem being "command" in a training session if members would like to practice being team leaders using the radio's to relay information back and forth. I just wont be available until after the weekend unfortunately as I have family staying with us for the next few days. So feel free to jump in game with a few buddies and just practice it. Maybe this week we can figure out a time to get a full training session in if thats what members would like.
Funny enough yesterday at work we went over our new SOP's for man down alarms and mayday protocol's so we all took turns transmitting this same type of information.

Ghost

Offline WCG

• STEAM Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #18 on: Aug 23, 2014, 05:21 AM »
Affirmative         -     Yes/Correct

This is something I've never quite understood, so I'm going to use this opportunity to ask. Why say "affirmative," rather than "yes"?

Is there really something you can mistake for "yes"? I'm struggling to think of a word. On the other hand, "affirmative" is pretty close to "negative." I would think the potential for confusion would be greater using the longer word.

No doubt there's something I'm missing, but what?

(Similarly, I don't know why you'd use "acknowledge," rather than "copy." Sure, we use "copy" when asking "do you copy?" But so what? It's not as though there's going to be any confusion with that. In fact, both uses of the word are the same.)

This is no big deal, of course, but I have wondered about this. Anyone know?

Bill

Offline deathmetaldan

• superbientes reprimendi
    • STEAM Profile
« Reply #19 on: Aug 23, 2014, 05:45 AM »
short words are easy to miss when you are breaking up. I am pretty sure there are other reasons but that is the one that came to me first.